Monday, December 1, 2008

Who would have thought....................

Let's go back to this summer when Grandma Karen and Papa Bear were visiting us here in Washington. We were downtown Fairhaven enjoying walking around the shops when we ended up in Village books. Taylor picked up a copy of Twilight and that's pretty much were it all started - oh ya - back up just a bit, Grandma Karen bought Taylor the copy of Twilight and that's were it all started. Taylor has always hated to read big books. She was a start a book and never finish it type reader. I used to struggle to get her to sit down and complete her reading minutes for school but, lately I have had to ask here to come out of her room where she is reading and join the family for a few minutes. She quickly became captivated with the Twilight characters. She would talk about them like we all knew who they were (no one else in our house has read the books). Seeing the movie did help.

When she found out that Forks was a real place and then to find out that it was in Washington...That about sent her over the edge. She soon started plotting her trip to Forks. After bending Dads ear (who loves road trips and exploring) they both began to try and squeeze in a trip before the weather got much worse. The trip for us was only about 4 hours and a ferry ride. Very doable! We had planned to surprise Taylor and just start driving, but of course plans kept changing and we were not sure if we could go at all. Then Ryan came home Friday and said he did not have to work Saturday as planned - ----Should we go!!! We loaded the car Saturday morning and were on our way to the Ferry by 7:00 am that morning. Of course we had to talk Grandma and Grandpa into going with us -after all they had listened to Taylor all these months too. I am so glad we took the trip. It was very much needed R&R and tons of fun for the whole family.The area is absolutely gorgeous and the time we spent together is priceless. I would recommend a road trip for everyone. Enjoy the pictures and maybe some of you will end up there too.
P.S. I might have to read the books now (ssshhhhh)

4 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

I love the books. I want to read them again but have way to many projects to get done before Christmas. So I love the pictures. I had heard that town was once very poor with not much to it. And then the movies came out. But I loved your pictures. How fun. I told my mom to look at them. Hope everything is going well. Did Taylor know there is a 200 something page book on Meyers website to read too? It is Edwards side of the story but you can only read it on line. It is supposed to be really good. I haven't read it yet. Talk to you soon.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Tell your paretns Hi! They are looking great.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Just checkin in with you. How was thanksgiving? Is a move still in your near future? Let me now what I can do to help from this end. talk to you soon.

MacDougall Clan said...

Hey guys! Sounds like you had a great time! I miss it up there! So I have decided to start blogging and I can't figure out how to add you all...if you don't mind! Please help! ~jamie Dawn