Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's all in the box......................

So what do you do on a Rainy Sunday afternoon???
Of course you haul in a box from the garage and make it into a
new condo for your kids.
It's still all in the box - you buy a gift and they play with the box. I'm thinking this Christmas - huge refrigerator box (minus the refrigerator) the perfect gift! I think this box has been in our living room for almost two weeks now and they play with it everyday. I say "they" because not only do Chase and Taylor play in it - I have also found a few other adults that will remain nameless in there as well - you just can't help but get in the box! just in case you are curious - we got the box from a friend to put our large mirrors in - we can't claim the 50" flat screen - we just want the box................



Chase's new hobby is to "read" the toy magaiznes we are getting in the mail this holiday season. After he scans the magazine for up to an hour he will sit down and point out all the things he wants me to buy! He turns every page - comments on every toy and then settles on the ones worthy to buy.
I am hoping for short term memory loss Christmas morning. I am really enjoying this age of exploration and discovery - I love to see them grow and develop new skills and personality. One of a kind - just the way I like them!

3 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

That is so Cooper. He would rather play with the box and he is 6. Why do we even try, right. Bryan says we need to figure out a way to get together. For him that translates into figuring out how to take a trip. Cooper and Baylie have been reading the toy magazines very intently as well. And coop circles every boy thing and puts and x on every girl item.

Jenni said...

How fun!! Looks like a great time.

Jacque Burks said...

I can't believe Chase will sit there for a hour looking at pictures. . . I can only wish Brady would stay still that long other than when he is sleeping. What a cute little guy you have!